Friday, March 23, 2012

Warhawk Gymnastics

"One mind, one heart, one chance, one team, one dream..."

That is what our Warhawk Family believes in.  We are one family, training as one team, with ONE dream.  That dream could happen tonight.  The crazy dream that has somehow managed to allude us year after year.  The dream that has guided one Whitewater gymnast after another.  The dream of a national championship.  Whitewater has had several national champions in the sport of gymnastics, three of which I was so proud to witness, and even more proud to call those girls my teammates.  But never, has Whitewater been able to capture the coveted TEAM Championship.

The team has produced some amazing gymnasts, and even more, some amazing people.  People that I feel blessed to call my friends.  And through all of the success of this program we have been building... crafting... creating... believing, that one day, will be our day.  Every person who has been a part of this program whether a gymnast, coach, manager, administrator, or fan has brought another piece to the puzzle that is being assembled.  They've all contributed, tirelessly and without anything in return, and for that I am so grateful.

I feel incredibly blessed to be sitting here, writing about a team that I should have left nearly 3 years ago.  An injury that could have caused some incredible anger in me, provided a strange opportunity, that has allowed me to remain a part of the organization that changed my life.  Though the faces have changed from the familiar smiles of the sisters I grew to love (and still do!), the essence of the team, the familial struggles are identical.  Like I said, every person has added something to this team.  The gymnasts who have come and gone have laid the groundwork for the current competitors.  I know, this team would be nowhere without them.

Today the girls are going to take another crack at winning this thing.  As a coach, I have never been more proud of my team.  It took us a while to get here, but they are ready.  They know what it takes, and they know what is at stake.  We are the underdogs today... and that's the perfect place for us to be.  I can't even begin to describe how much faith I have in these girls!

So thank you, to all of the supporters!  Former coaches, parents, fans, administrators and especially the gymnasts that have poured their heart and soul into this team.  I love you all, and I know that you will be with the girls today... here we go!

LET'S GET WEIRD! << crazy warhawk saying this year... it worked for football and basketball... so we'll see how it goes! =)

Love True,
Allison

2 comments:

  1. Cool blog! I clicked on it because of your "writer and dreamer" headline. I love discovering fellow dreamers! Anywayz, just wanted to drop by your blog and say hey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! I really appreciate that!

      Delete