Friday, November 18, 2011

Shantel VanSanten

After my last crazy rant, I thought I should come back down to Earth a bit.  I've quoted this woman before, and I'll probably continue to do so.  She is such a positive force in speaking up for young women, whether it be about self-image, self-confidence, finding inner beauty, recovering from eating disorders, what have you... she is a constant source of inspiration for all women.  I have found a great deal of support from her words, as have many others.  I am thankful for her wisdom and her honesty and her ability to make sense of difficult emotions.  So as I lie here in bed tonight, I thought I would share one of her tweets with you all.

"When u close your eyes tonight... Embrace who you are... know that you are more than enough."


This is me... today.  Bundled up for winter!
I didn't have a particularly great day today... or week for that matter.  Hell, you all heard what happened on Monday ;-)  But I've found some comfort, from Lord knows where, that has helped me out in recent days.  Maybe it's getting the daily doses of advice from people who have been there.  Maybe it's talking to friends and family on the phone or Facebook.  Maybe it was the recognition from Team True Beauty in winning that essay contest.  Maybe it's the blogging, that calms me and gives me a sense of purpose.  Maybe it's the fact that I took charge of a stressful and depressing job situation.  Whatever it is... I've been feeling much stronger and more beautiful these last couple of days.  I've been feeling like I am enough... or "more than enough" as Shantel told me.  


Day 23: Remember that you are MORE THAN ENOUGH... just YOU... the way you are RIGHT NOW.  If you're reading this, you mean the world to me... even if I don't tell you enough.  You are giving me the opportunity to share myself... all of me... with you and the world, and I am so incredibly grateful for this!  "You are beautiful, you are capable, and you are loved."- SVS


Love True-
Allison 

No comments:

Post a Comment