Monday, November 7, 2011

Make a Wish

"Make a wish and place it in your heart... Anything you want, Everything you want. Do you have it? Good, Now believe it can come true. You never know where the next miracle is gonna come from the next smile, the next wish come true. But if you believe that it's right around the corner, and you open your heart and mind to the possibility of it, to the certainty of it, you just might get the things you're wishing for. The world is full of magic. YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE IN IT. So make your wish... Do you have it? Good, now believe in it... With all your heart."


One Tree Hill- "Make a Wish Monologue"

I thought that this quote was ideally perfect right now.  At this moment, as the cast of my favorite show is filming their final episode over 1000 miles away from me, I find myself becoming more and more appreciative of what I've gained from their work.

Long story short, as a fan of the show, and the actors that are on it, I came to follow a group called Team True Beauty.  I read a beautiful and honest account of one the actors personal struggles and it touched me so deeply that I found the courage to share my own story with these amazing people.

My goal in life has always been to make a difference in the world; and up until now, I wasn't quite sure what that goal meant or how I was going to pursue it.  These wonderful people at Team True Beauty have given me the opportunity and the platform to help make that change.

I entered a contest.  An essay to be submitted, sharing my story, explaining what Team True Beauty meant to me and how it has affected my life.  I submitted my essay, having shared it with only one other person.  Though that friend only offered words of encouragement, and positive feedback, I clicked send... and virtually forgot about the essay and the contest.  You see, the winner was to receive free tickets to the Team True Beauty Anniversary Event in January... in LA.  (Yeah, right.  Like I'm going to LA).

Well, I won... so maybe I am going!

I got tagged in a Tweet last night (for those of you who aren't twitter literate, it's like a Facebook tag) by someone I didn't know, congratulating me on winning a the TTB contest.  "What?" Was the only thought I could muster... and it came out loud.  When I finally got to a computer and checked I was completely blown away.  They chose me, and my story to win tickets to this event that I thought was completely out of my reach.  I felt so humbled and so honored... and I still do.  I feel like these people have given me this incredible platform to do good in the world... and I don't intend to waste it.

Financially, I'm not sure if I can afford this trip... but I sure as hell am going to try.  This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am so blessed and so fortunate to be able to be able to have it.

My wish has always been, and will always be to inspire and to make a difference... regardless of whether or not I can physically attend this incredible event, I will forever be grateful for the acknowledgement and the recognition of these incredible individuals.

Day 20: What is your wish?  "Do you have it?  Good, now believe in it... With all of your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment