Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Worrying

This is a quote that I found about a month ago, via my very wise and knowing Uncle Geoff.  He frequently posts inspiring messages on his Facebook wall that I find to be encouraging and incredibly relevant to my life.  Tonight I want to post this quote with 4 very special people in mind.  They are the senior gymnasts at UW-Whitewater.  These girls have been doing gymnastics for the majority of their lives, and right now they are realizing that the end of their childhood is approaching them.  It is a revelation that all collegiate athletes have to come to at one point.  And no matter how prepared you think you are, no matter how often you tell yourself, "I am so ready to be done," the moment it is truly gone hurts pretty bad.  It's like saying goodbye to a friend you've had since you were two.  But like saying goodbye to a friendship or turning the page in a book, there is always a new person to meet or a new chapter to discover.  These girls are struggling right now, under many different pressures, and I can't speak for them... but I do know what they are going through.  There are so many different emotions going through their minds and hearts right now, and I wish I could take away all of the uncertainty, so all that was left for them was confidence and inner strength.  They are, collectively, some of the strongest women I know... and some of the most passionate.  They remind me, without a doubt, of the group of girls who stood by me for four years.  The amount of heart they have is tremendous.  However, lately, I have seen the doubt in their eyes.  The worry and the dread of what "might" happen... and that scares me... because I know exactly what that dread can do.  I wish I could flip a switch for them, so all they could feel was excitement, and honor for having prevailed in a sport that so many fail at.  So with that sentiment, I will share these words that I hope will resonate with them, "Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength." - Be strong and be proud and go forward from today, not in fear but knowing that you were born to do something great.

Love True,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment