Monday, September 2, 2013

By and By

My oldest friend got married last weekend... in storybook fashion.  Picture this:

A Gazebo on the beach,
Overlooking the beautiful lake,
Mountains in the background
...and a timelessly beautiful bride walking down the aisle towards her Prince Charming.

It was perfect.


In the 23 years that I have known her, I have never seen her as happy as she was that day.  And I couldn't possibly be happier for her.

Kendra and Kyle have been best friends since we were seniors in High School.  To age myself... that is in fact 9 years this fall.  So, for the better part of a decade, these two shared everything.  They loved, they laughed, they fought, they cried, and through it all... they had each other.  No matter what their love endured... it was always going to be Kendra and Kyle.
Kendra was stunning, and the ceremony was almost as beautiful as she was.  It was literally a perfect day on Lake Lure.  The sun never stopped shining, and the wedding guests never stopped dancing (after a few cocktails of course).

It was truly a blessing to witness this magical event.  To see these two high school sweethearts realize their dream of "forever" was beyond amazing.  (Not to mention it was a heck of a weekend vacation) ;-P

It was one of the most intimate and romantic weddings I have ever been to.  The guest list was that of 53 of their closest friends and family members.   This meant that I had 3 of my other best friends at my disposal for 2 full days as well!  The time spent with my high school soul mates is never long enough, yet never wasted.  It's as if the eight years and 5 states spanning 2 time zones has done nothing to diminish our friendship-- and can I just tell you what a blessing that is?!  Kendra and Kyle's wedding song was a beautiful song by Brett Dennen, called "By and By."  There is a line in it... that though it was perfect for Kendra and Kyle, I selfishly take to heart as describing my relationship with these beautiful ladies, "I don't know if I'd survive without a friend like you in my life."

Having spent the last 23 years with Kendra as my friend, and knowing Kyle now for almost 10 years, I know that this is just the beginning of their happiness.  They have both worked so hard to be where they are today, and I am so incredibly proud of both of them!

So I will raise my glass of wine (because all writers toast while they blog), and wish them a long and blissful life together.  May your journey together be a long and incredibly happy one!  I love you both, more than words can say!!!

Love True-
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment