Sunday, January 6, 2013

Baptism

Today was a good day.  I became a God Mother today; to the beautiful, bright eyed, brown haired baby that was almost born on my birthday.  Quinn Harper Goodman is the amazing daughter of my dear friend Justine and her wonderful husband Eric.  They are amazing parents, and I can't even begin to explain how honored I was that they asked me to be Quinn's God Mother.

As I held that little girl today and the pastor spoke over and over about the "light" in the world I couldn't help but think about my sweet angel, Avery, watching over me and watching over Quinn as she became a part of God's family... a family that Avery knew so well.  Avery was such a Jesus loving, God worshiping, amazing little girl, and I hope that Quinn will know the same kind of faith that Avery knew.

Avery's mom has a beautiful blog, and through that, I've been able to learn more and more about Avery's wonderful faith.  Through that blog, I've grown so much closer to Avery and her spirit, and so much closer to God.  When I was asked to be a God Mother, I wasn't sure if I was ready for that kind of responsibility.  But I think Avery felt differently.  I was overwhelmed with comfort today in that Church, and so was Quinn... who didn't cry at all :)

Psalm 18:28 You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

There are great amounts of light in the world.  Sometimes when it gets too dark, we have to remember where those rays of light shine from.  A hug, a smile, holding hands, giving a compliment... whatever it may be, spread as much light as humanly possible, so little ones like Quinn can grow up in a love filled world, full of faith.  

Love True,
Allison

1 comment:

  1. Conratulations on becoming a God Mother to little Avery. You have a wonderful blog :)

    ReplyDelete