Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gaining Strength


We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face… we must do that which we think we cannot. -Eleanor Roosevelt

A dear friend of mine used this quote on her blog recently, and when I read it I knew it was perfect for what I needed to say tonight.  I've been looking for words lately.  Words to say here... and words to say there.  "Where is there???" You may ask.  Well, at the risk of sounding like Dr. Seuss, the "there" I'm referring to is a speech that will be read at our meet this weekend.  You see, we are dedicating our first home meet of the season to our little angel, Avery.  

This shouldn't be hard right?  I mean, I've written about her several times, I've had almost 3 months to compile my thoughts since the accident.  But somehow, I'm still struggling to put words together to do her justice; words that might actually convey the significant hole left in so many lives, words that will make her mother proud to hear.  Words that will help a person who didn't know Avery to KNOW AVERY.  

That's what is important.  

Stolen from our God Girl's Facebook page.
Everyone should KNOW her beauty.  
So I read that quote today on Rachel's beautiful blog (PLEASE check it out... she is amazing!  http://courageserenitywisdom.wordpress.com/ ) and it spoke to me.  This task, though it seems large and scares me, is something I need to do- something I need to look in the face and tackle, because it will make me stronger.

Think of something you're afraid of, something that you've wanted... something that terrifies you- and look it straight in the face.  Be bigger than your fear, be stronger than your fear.  I guarantee that it will be worth it.  (at least, that's what I'm telling myself!) =) 

Here's to doing something frightening... and gaining strength, courage and confidence!

Love True,
Allison 

No comments:

Post a Comment