Saturday, December 31, 2011

Better Days

"Tonight's the night the world begins again."

Happy New Years, Everyone!!! I am writing you this December 31st in the midst of getting ready to go celebrate the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012.

2011 was full of incredible experiences and memories for me, and I hope the same goes for you all!

I have always loved the Goo Goo Dolls, and I think that you'll understand why!  This song is such a perfect way to say hello to 2012!  No matter what happened in 2011, if it was a great year for you, or a terrible one... tonight begins a new chapter in all of our lives... tonight is a way to start over... tonight the world comes together to say goodbye to the past and look positively and optimistically at the future.


Please enjoy tonight, and all of the magic that it brings.  Hope, joy, excitement and love to all of you on this wonderful evening!

And you asked me what I want this year
And I try to make this kind and clear
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
'cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
And designer love and empty things
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

[Chorus]
So take these words and sing out loud
'cause everyone is forgiven now
'cause tonight's the night the world begins again

I need some place simple where we could live
And something only you can give
And that's faith and trust and peace while we're alive
And the one poor child who saved this world
And there's ten million more who probably could
If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them


I wish everyone was loved tonight
And somehow stop this endless fight
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days


'cause tonight's the night the world begins again

The Goo Goo Dolls - "Better Days"

God Bless! And Happy 2012! xoxo
Love True-
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment