Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Helen Keller

Helen Keller once wrote, "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched... but are felt in the heart."

Amen, Helen Keller! - And thanks to Team True Beauty for sharing her brilliance tonight!  I was searching high and low to try to find a quote that could give weight to the way I've been feeling lately, and as if from nowhere... TTB tweets, to the rescue!

I have been feeling very fortunate lately... and very overwhelmed.  This week I started quite a few new endeavors, and it has been a very hectic 3 days!  Currently, I am working 4 different jobs, and my head has been spinning! Thank you, to the wonderful woman who created the day planner! (only a woman would know what I'm going through!) =)

Anyway, I know it has only been 3 days, but I've already found myself getting emotional in small moments of stress.  I didn't sleep the other night because I was so worried about cramming 3 jobs into that day!  What I've needed to do in those moments is remind myself of how lucky I am to have A job, let alone the 4 that I'm keeping.  Now I understand the lengths that some people go to to make end's meet.  It's crazy!!  Most of those people can't say that they are working a job they are passionate about... and I'm lucky there too.  Gymnastics has been in my life for nearly 21 years, and I feel so blessed to be able to share my love for the sport with others.

I was tired today, and in a short conversation managed to get upset and second guess myself.  Frustration is one of my biggest enemies... and sometimes it is hard for me to get past it.  Then 3 little girls walked into the gym for their first gymnastics class ever, and I was completely rejuvenated!  They were so full of excitement and wonder and I was instantly reminded of why I do what I do.  These six year-olds were able to instantly change my perspective.  I could feel their wonderment, and so much love for what I was doing.

Day 17: FEEL the beauty in life, don't just look for it.  You may find it in a place that you never expect!

Love True-
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment