Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"I Don't Want To Be"

Hi Everyone!

I am so thrilled to be writing again, and to share my thoughts with you all! I've always loved to write, but it has always been just for me.  It's about time I spread the love, right!?

One of my greatest passions is the written word- thoughts, prayers, poetry, lyrics... anything! Words help me to make sense of the world, and how beautiful it really is, and I am so grateful for that!  I've gone through some times in my life where I've struggled emotionally, spiritually, physically and mentally.  I think everyone does.  No one can say they've never had a hard day in their life!  Words are the main reason I am where I am today.  Whether it was a pep talk from a friend, kind words from a family member, a prayer, a poem or an inspirational song, some kind of words helped me to put things in perspective.  Life can be hard at times, but it is incredibly important to count your blessings.  This hasn't always been easy for me... though I am an incredibly blessed individual.

The first words I'm going to share with you all come from a song made very popular by one of my favorite TV shows... One Tree Hill!  In a world where people are trying to convince you that you should change something about yourself, dress a certain way, lose weight, or defer from YOU... I have 2 words for you... FORGET IT!  Be you, and love it.  So thanks, Gavin Degraw, for these inspirational lines!


"I don't want to be
Anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
All I have to do
Is think of me and I have peace of mind
I'm tired of looking 'round rooms
Wondering what I've got to do
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me"


DAY 1:  Stop wondering who you're "supposed" to be... and start Being the person you want to be! I'm going to! =)

LOVE TRUE-
Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment