Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Angry

Hello Friends!
I hope you are all doing well, and have been finding some time to enjoy yourselves this summer!  I've been busier than ever working, exercising and celebrating various loved ones' birthdays, engagements, weddings, etc.  Trying to keep everything organized this summer has proven to be quite the challenge.  I've had several moments where I selfishly wondered, "What the hell has happened to summer?!"  But 'summer break' no longer has the same meaning as it once did, and as I am well acquainted with the REAL WORLD... I still maintain that childish desire to sleep in and go to the pool.  (I have yet to do either of those things in the face of these 90 degree days we've been having).

Anyway... in an attempt to relax before my life gets even crazier I decided to spend the evening watching incredibly inspirational TV (extreme makeover: weight loss edition and America's Got Talent).  I was moved to tears multiple times this evening and was just about to write an inspirational blog about transformation... (cue plug about my 30 day challenge status)... when I found this.

Public Shaming

Now... no inspirational feelings remain, no self confidence is instilled, and I am just downright MAD.  Who in their right mind gave any of those horrible people the right to say those things.  How would they feel if someone said that about their sister, mother, daughter or friend.  You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME?!!?!?!?  Someone please tell me that this is a joke! (Albeit, a terrible joke... but nonetheless, I wish it were a joke).  There is nothing righteous about what happened here.  Demeaning an athlete, someone who worked her entire life to accomplish a dream, simply because you wanted a more "aesthetically pleasing" person to win... that's inhumane, it's disgusting, and it's morally wrong.  I honestly cannot put into words how angry I am right now.  She is better than you... than all of you, and not because she won Wimbledon... but because she had the fearlessness to pursue a dream, and she achieved it- it has nothing to do with how beautiful she is, or how much she weighs or how much she eats.  It has everything to do with how hard she worked and her level of character.  I hope she has more self confidence than the people who had the carelessness to tear her down.  Clearly, they all have a little hate in their hearts that stems from something deeper than being fixated on the tennis match in front of them.  And for them... and their weakened hearts... I will say a prayer.  Congratulations, Marion Bertoli... on a Dream come True!

Love True, People...

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment