Thursday, June 20, 2013

Challenge

I've been watching my kids bust their butts at practice this week.  They've been working extremely hard.  Many are getting new skills, many are trying skills that frighten them, and I couldn't be more proud.  I have seen a fire lit in most of them.  Watching them work out has been like watching that fire rage, gaining strength and power as the days go by.  They all have a goal... and they are working incredibly hard for it.  

I decided that I need to have a goal.  I spent 20 years with physical goals.  Goals of perfection.  Goals to better my ability, and to "better" my body.  Though some of those goals had misguided intentions, well intended goals are good to have- In fact, they are great to have, and I'm quite certain that I am ready to tackle a challenge.  

I started running a lot when I was sick.  Sure, it was a great way to burn calories... but it was a perfect escape for me.  I do some of my clearest thinking when I'm running.  I love the way the sun feels on my skin, the way the air blows my ponytail back and forth, and the way my muscles ache when I'm at the end of a long, satisfying run.  It's like the best form of meditation on Earth.  :)

Anyway, I decided to give myself a little challenge... I'm going to try to run 75 miles in 30 days.  Yes, I know... that's not a huge number for big time runners.  That's like 6 days worth of running for a marathon runner.  But hey... I was a gymnast, not a runner... so this is my challenge.  I need something to work towards, I need something to achieve... and running 75 miles in 30 days will be quite the accomplishment for me!  Day 1 begins tomorrow :)  I shall keep you all posted!  

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love True,
Allison


"Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it."

No comments:

Post a Comment