Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Jamie Grace- "Come to Me"

When life gets crazy and hectic and time seems to fly by, sometimes I just can't find the words to express how I'm feeling.  I know, I know... You're all calling bullshit.  How could someone who writes ALL the TIME, and shares incredibly intimate details of her life not be able to find the right words always!?  That's what you're thinking, right?  I promise... it happens.  If it didn't, there probably wouldn't be twenty days in between my blog posts (though I can honestly blame my busy schedule for most of that).  

For those of you who have always followed me (or know me really well), you know I have poured my heart and soul out in this blog.  I have written about incredibly personal struggles and triumphs, my amazing family, my inspiring friends, and one very tragic and heart wrenching loss that affected my life in more ways than I will ever be able to explain.  

Music is something that never fails to help me understand my thoughts and my heart.  It helps to put things into perspective, and to ease my mind no matter what the circumstances.  Generally speaking, I am a huge country music fan.  There is something about the way country artists are able to tell stories, that really speaks to me.  I can't really explain it.  Perhaps its the writer in me, but I just love a good story!  When I hear someone else's words that completely define my life, not only do I instantly not feel alone, but I also get an immediate feeling of calm, knowing that someone else on this planet understands what I'm going through.  

Due to recent events that have occurred in my life, I have started drifting towards Christian music.  Particularly that of a young woman who deeply touched the lives of everyone who knew our sweet Avery.  Jamie Grace is an incredible artist who shares her faith through her beautiful songs. The first song I ever heard of hers was "God Girl," played at Avery's funeral.  It was the song that Avery was BELTING out with her mom on her way to school the last day she was here with us on Earth. (I am all smiles thinking of that moment Avery shared with her mom that day).

The song that I am going to share with you today is not "God Girl." Though it does hold a particularly special place in my heart... I want to share a different Jamie Grace song.  This song is just a perfect reminder that no matter what life throws your way, God will always be there to help you through it.  

“Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.”

I think that this is the truest of true statements!  We may not always understand His plans, but we should always have Faith that His plan is greater than ours... and His plan will not fail us.  

Please listen to Jamie Grace's beautiful song... and check her out on Facebook or Twitter!  She is truly an inspiration!-- And I JUST LOVE THIS SONG!!!

Love True,
Allison



I had a dream I was standin' on the shore
Two feet planted in the sand
Soakin' up Your glory yeah
Saw You walkin' from a distance
Without a hint of resistance
Had Your arms open
And a warmth in your eyes
You took my hand and You whispered

Come to me when
You're weary and
I'll give you hope when you're hurting
I'll give you rest from your burden
Come to me when
You're weary and
I'll give you hope when you're hurting
I'll give you rest from your burden now

I woke up to the weight of the world
Right back into reality
And all that's goin' wrong
Cause in the midst of this chaotic life
I try to find peace of mind
But You've been there all along
And even now I hear You whisper

Come to me when
You're weary and
I'll give you hope when you're hurting
I'll give you rest from your burden
Come to me when
You're weary and
I'll give you hope when you're hurting
I'll give you rest from your burden

I feel the weight, I feel the weight is slowly liftin'
As you close the distance
And I know, it's gonna be okay when I hear you say
Come to me when
You're weary and
I'll give you hope when you're hurting
Oo I'm gonna carry your burden
Come to me when
You're weary and
I'll give you hope when you're hurting
I'll give you rest from your burden now

The weight is lifted now

No comments:

Post a Comment