Monday, December 31, 2012

True Believers

Happy New Years, All!  I am writing you tonight with a resolution to WRITE MORE in 2013!!! That is one of many resolutions, and if accomplished, I think it will help me tackle the rest of my resolutions as well.  Writing has been such a positive way for me to look at life.  A way for me to dissect my life, and appreciate every tiny piece of it.  This year brought so many positive things and wonderful people into my life and I am so grateful.  But it also dealt it's fair share of hardships and challenges... and though the mountains may not be fun to climb, the view from the top is truly magnificent.  (I'll send you a picture when I get there)  I have learned a lot this year, but there are a few lessons that stick out tremendously...

Love True- It's how I sign all of my blogs.  To me, loving yourself is the truest form of love.  It's absolutely impossible to share love with others if you can't share it with yourself.  Be a good friend to yourself, and you'll be a great friend to others.

Say I love you- Whether it is to your family, your friends, your significant others, it doesn't matter. Tell the people around you that you care about them.  Life is too short to let things go unsaid.

"We are ONE before our God in Heaven"- A line from my favorite Darius Rucker song.  It has been a kind of anthem for me recently...

We are one before our God in Heaven
We are one road when the going gets rough
We are one now and forever
We are one name, one life, one flame

This year, I said goodbye to a sweet angel who showed me how precious our God is.  She brought me even closer to some very important people in my life as we tried to heal each other.  She proved that the love of family and friends can save a person.  She proved that God has a place for everyone.  And she proved that we are all ONE family in God's eyes.  That's a lesson I'm going to take with me every single day.

Darius Rucker- "True Believers"

Church bells ringing on our wedding day
Climbed in that limo and rode away
Guess you'll always hear some people say
They're never gonna make it.

We settled in and we settled down
In this quiet little seaside town
You were the rock I built my world around
And life won't ever break it

We are one heartbeat in the darkness
We are one lasting answered prayer
We are one unbroken promise
We are two, True Believers

It wasn't easy getting here today
Sometimes you stumbled or I lost my way
But every roadblock was a chance to say;
Take my hand I'm here beside you.

We worked and made it through the toughest parts
Now every days another chance to start, 
To look around and see that where we are
Is where we were trying to get to

We are one heartbeat in the darkness
We are one lasting answered prayer
We are one unbroken promise
We are two, True Believers

We are one before our God in Heaven
We are one road when the going gets rough
We are one now and forever
We are one name, one life, one flame

We are one heartbeat in the darkness
We are one lasting answered prayer
We are one unbroken promise
and We are two, True Believers

We are two, True Believers



Happy 2013 Everyone!  I wish you a year full of blessings, laughter and beautiful views from the top! ;-)

Love True,

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment