Thursday, September 6, 2012

Marilyn Monroe


Recently, I've found some of Marilyn Monroe's words to be very true, and completely relevant to my life!  I have always believed that everything happens for a reason, I've had to.  I think the things we go through in life are just preparing us for what is to come later; making us stronger so we can handle what life may or may not throw our way.  Whether it's a horrible thing or an extraordinary thing that is happening to us, it is leading us to what will come next.  

I applied for a job a couple of months ago.  A big job.  One that would have secured my financial existence, earned me medical and dental insurance, and would have put a huge dent in all of the work I have done for my two gymnastics teams.  This job, though it would have been absolutely terrific for me financially, would have prevented me from really being involved in the things I love most.  

If you couldn't already tell, I did not get this job.  After getting the "We absolutely loved you but..." phone call, I went into a week long (at least) depression.  I was mortified because my livelihood depended on this job.  I was finally at a point where I was willing to do what I had to do (meaning, just about any job on the planet) to pay my rent.  Anyway, once I counted my blessings, and got my head back on straight things started to appear a little more clearly.  

I was able to focus intently on my club gymnastics program, as well as my recruiting responsibilities, which I had been struggling to keep up with.  I had some time to myself in which I spent relaxing, working out, or just enjoying my own company.  It was nice.  Though, it only lasted for about a week when I got a random phone call about another job opportunity!

This job, teaching at the collegiate level, fits perfectly into my schedule.  I am teaching 140 students in six different classes.  I hardly feel grown up enough to be handling this task, but I couldn't feel more blessed.  This job allows me the luxury of maintaining all of my other special privileges- as coaching my gymnasts... ages 17 months all the way to 22 years... is with out a doubt, the most important job I do.  I think I'm going to love teaching though, as I've been doing it since I was 16, just in a different capacity.  I've already found a new level of patience, and serenity with this position.  I know it is, without a doubt, the better of the two job prospects I had this summer.  With that, I will share some of Marilyn's fearless words, 

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

-Marilyn Monroe

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.  Believe it, embrace it, and live it.  

Love True,

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment