Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Most of you know that I am a huge supporter of an organization called, Team True Beauty.  This group works to help prevent eating disorders and the social stigma surrounding body image in the media.  Over the weekend, the ladies of Team True Beauty hosted a one year anniversary event to celebrate the success of the first year of this wonderful organization.  In previous blogs, I have discussed just how much this organization has meant to me.  I also mentioned the inspiring joy I felt to be recognized by this group for my story.  I was honored to be acknowledged for my triumphs and humbled by their generosity.  Though I couldn't be there in person for this incredible celebration, I was definitely there in spirit.

One of their celebrity supporters is an actress named Shantel VanSanten.  I've been very vocal in my thanks to this woman for her inspiring and compassionate work for Team True Beauty, and her support of young women everywhere.  She is a powerful voice for this organization and the reason I found them in the first place.  I am so grateful for what I have learned from Shantel.  Even though I have never met her in person, she is the source of a lot of my strength.  Her honesty in sharing her own struggles gave me a sense of power and courage that I hadn't known before.  It immediately provoked me to contact this team, and become a part of their inspiring movement.

"Embrace yourself, what you are in your heart, so that you might uplift others.  Because what you do with your life, how you live it, the things you accomplish, the mountains you climb, the struggles you work through, how you treat one another, the kindness you show, the people you inspire, the love that you give... that is what defines your heart, and that's what matters, not what you look like when you do those things in life." -SVS

A Team True Beauty supporter posted a video of Shantel's speech at the event.  I was so grateful to be able to see this, and for a moment, feel as though I was there.  Please check out her entire speech.  It is a very moving and inspiring.  TTB Anniversary Event Speech - SVS

Day 25: PLEASE check out Team True Beauty on their website, facebook, or twitter accounts.  Join the movement, and help change the world!

TTB Website
TTB on Facebook
TTB on Twitter

Love True-
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment